Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
Got this a few years ago from allrecipes.com I HATE blue cheese, but I LOVE this
Make and share this Warm Blue Cheese Dip W/ Garlic and Bacon recipe from Food.com.
- 7 slices bacon
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup half-and-half
- 1⁄4 lb blue cheese, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives
- 1 loaf French bread, cut up in bie size pieces
- Place bacon in large deep skillet.
- Cook over medium high until brown.
- Remove bacon from skillet, drain on paper towels and crumble.
- Place garlic in hot bacon grease.
- Cook and stir about 1 min, or until soft.
- Remove from heat.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- place cream cheese and half and half in a medium bowl.
- Blend with mixer.
- stir in bacon, garlic, blue cheese and chives.
- Transfer to medium baking dish.
- Bake covered for 30 minutes.
- Serve with french bread.
I made this for a neighborhood backyard bbq and it was devoured in no time. I used the low sodium bacon and brought sliced baguette bread to spread the dip on. I loved the flavors but being a blue cheese lover, would make this with a little more blue cheese the next time I make this.
Thanks for posting!
I took this dip to a party and it was the star! I am now required to bring it to all of the cookouts! I used fat free half and half, and garlic powder ( I didn't realize I was out of garlic). I also used green onion because I needed that for another recipe. Everything still turned out wonderful. I think it's all about the quality of the bleu cheese. I used the Boar's Head, less sodium variety and the flavor was great. Thanks for posting!
Really good, but heavy duty rich! I'm using the leftovers to top my burgers. Thanks for posting.