Prep 5 mins
Cook 40 mins
From The Palm Restaurant Cookbook. Can be served with The Palm's Monday Night Salad.
Make and share this The Palm Restaurant Blue Cheese Dressing recipe from Food.com.
- 4 ounces danish blue cheese or 4 ounces french blue cheese, at room temperature
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- Crumble the blue cheese into a bowl and, using a fork, whisk in the olive oil.
- Let stand for about 40 minutes.
- Whisk in the mayonnaise and vinegar. Whisk again just before serving.
Fantastic! True Blue Cheese Dressing amongst a lot of them that should really be called Only a Hint of Blue Cheese Dressing.
My daughter and I are allergic to most of the commercial dressings. She is allergic to soy and I am slightly allergic to olive oil. I used Newman's Own EVOO to make this and am pleased to say "Wonderful!". I used a handheld blender to blend the ingredients almost smooth. After refrigerating for 24 hours this dressing has a full, rich flavor but it is not a heavy dressing. Next time I will try this with grapeseed oil and report back. Thanks for sharing.
Excellent. Great variation on the usual blue cheese dressing. Thanks for sharing.