This is a $400 winner in Better Homes and Gardens and sent in by Debbie Reid of Clearwater, Florida. It has a nice balance of sweet and salty and uses my favorite ingredient--blue cheese!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Peel sweet potatoes and cut into thin wedges.
- 2Peel and chop onion.
- 3Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 4In 15 x 10 pan place potatoes, onion and drizzle with 2 T olive oil.
- 5Salt and pepper to taste.
- 6Bake for 30-35 minutes, stirring once.
- 7Meanwhile, in a skillet, melt butter over medium heat, stir in pecans, brown sugar and 1/4 t salt.
- 8Cook and stir about 3 minutes until pecans are coated with sugar.
- 9remove from heat and let cool on foil.
- 10For dressing:.
- 11whisk together honey, vinegar, garlic, 1/4 t salt, 1/4 t pepper.
- 12Slowly whisk in remaining olive oil until combined.
- 13Whisk in 1 T blue cheese.
- 14Transfer potatoes and onions to serving plate.
- 15Drizzle with dressing and remaining blue cheese.
- 16Sprinkle with pecans.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet Potatoes With Pecans and Blue Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (125 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 309.3
- Calories from Fat 217
- Total Fat 24.1 g
- Saturated Fat 5.0 g
- Cholesterol 10.8 mg
- Sodium 408.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 9.3 g
- Protein 3.0 g