Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a $400 winner in Better Homes and Gardens and sent in by Debbie Reid of Clearwater, Florida. It has a nice balance of sweet and salty and uses my favorite ingredient--blue cheese!
- Peel sweet potatoes and cut into thin wedges.
- Peel and chop onion.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In 15 x 10 pan place potatoes, onion and drizzle with 2 T olive oil.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, stirring once.
- Meanwhile, in a skillet, melt butter over medium heat, stir in pecans, brown sugar and 1/4 t salt.
- Cook and stir about 3 minutes until pecans are coated with sugar.
- remove from heat and let cool on foil.
- For dressing:.
- whisk together honey, vinegar, garlic, 1/4 t salt, 1/4 t pepper.
- Slowly whisk in remaining olive oil until combined.
- Whisk in 1 T blue cheese.
- Transfer potatoes and onions to serving plate.
- Drizzle with dressing and remaining blue cheese.
- Sprinkle with pecans.