If you are searching for an awesome recipe for grilled strip loin this is one to try! These steaks will melt in your mouth.
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh sage (only fresh should be used)
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil (can use more oil)
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar or 2 tablespoons wine vinegar
- salt and pepper
- 4 striploin steaks
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled blue cheese (or to taste) or 1⁄2 cup gorgonzola (or to taste)
- In a bowl, whisk together the minced garlic, 1 tbsp chopped sage, 1/4 cup olive oil, vinegar and salt and pepper (I use about 1/4 teaspoon salt).
- Add steaks, turn well to coat.
- Cover, and refrigerate for 4 hours or up to 8 hours.
- Place steaks on grill, season with more pepper if desired and cook to desired doneness.
- Transfer steaks to a platter.
- Sprinkle with crumbled blue cheese and remaining sage.
Used a New York steak unfortuneately I could not find any fresh sage so I resorted to home dried - it was still wonderful. I will make this recipe again with fresh sage.Steak was pan fried medium rare. I had aged balsmic vinegar and it added to the flavor of the garlic & sage - marinated it for 4 hours. Excellent recipe Kittencal sorry about the sage