Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 mins
These grilled steaks sound delicious! Taken from the June 2009 issue of Chatelaine magazine.
Make and share this Steaks With Basil Blue Cheese Butter recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄4 cup butter (at room temperature)
- 1⁄4 cup blue cheese, crumbled (at room temperature)
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons Tabasco sauce
- 4 steaks (such as strip loin, at least 3/4 in. or 1.5 cm thick)
- Oil grill and heat barbecue to medium-high.
- Meanwhile in a medium bowl, stir butter with cheese, basil and Tabasco. If too lumpy, mash with a fork. Scrape onto a piece of plastic wrap. Form into log 1 inches (2.5 cm) wide and tightly roll up. Twist ends of plastic wrap and place in freezer to chill while steaks are grilling. If making ahead, butter mixture will keep well in the refrigerator up to a week.
- Place steaks on grill. Barbecue, uncovered, 4-6 minutes per side for medium-rare. Remove steaks to plates. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Let stand 5 minute
- Slice butter mixture into rounds and serve 1 or 2 rounds on each steak.
- Excellent with green and yellow beans and baked potatoes.
Five stars for the butter! I seasoned my steaks the way I normally do. The butter is wonderful! For presentation, I'd freeze the butter, but to serve on the steak, room temp is better....it doesn't cool the steak off and melts wonderfully into the meat. Made for Best of 2009 Cookbook tag. Thanks for sharing!
Five stars for the butter (because that is what this recipe is all about)! I made double the amount of butter, and am glad I did, because it is safely in my freezer waiting for the next steak, or hamburger, or baked potato, or corn on the cob, or whatever suits my fancy. Mind you, I am NOT a blue cheese fan, but loved it in this recipe. I agree that that steak itself could use some seasoning, but the butter is divine! Thanks for posting this delightful recipe. Made for ZWT5 by a Groovy GastroGnome.
Simple and good. I loved the butter! I thought that the steak needed a little more flavor - maybe I should have added more butter, lol. But it was a great combination of flavors. Will definitely do again. I also think that this butter would be wonderful on many veggies - including corn on the cob that I served with this steak. Thanks Babzy for a new keeper. Made for ZWT5 2009 Family Picks.