Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From Food Network episode--Bachelor Busters--recipe courtesy of Rachael Ray.
Make and share this Steak With a Side Blue Cheese Pasta Sauce by Rachael Ray recipe from Food.com.
- 4 slices bacon, chopped into 1-inch pieces
- 1 lb spaghetti
- 4 (8 ounce) New York strip steaks
- ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, 2 turns of the pan
- 5 tablespoons butter, divided
- 4 garlic cloves, minced, divided
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1⁄4-1⁄3 cup cream or 1⁄4-1⁄3 cup half-and-half, eyeball it
- 8 ounces blue cheese, crumbles
- 2 -3 tablespoons chopped sage leaves
- 2 tablespoons chives, chopped, a palm full
- 2 cups arugula, a small bunch, cleaned, trimmed and shredded
- Put a large pot of water on the stove to bring to a boil for pasta.
- Preheat broiler to high with rack on top shelf.
- Preheat medium skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add chopped bacon and cook until crisp.
- Salt water for pasta and add spaghetti to the pot.
- Cook to al dente, with a bite to it.
- Season the steaks with salt and pepper on both sides and arrange on slotted broiler pan.
- Remove bacon to paper towel lined plate with a slotted spoon and drain off most of the fat, return pan to heat and reduce heat to medium.
- Add extra-virgin olive oil, 2 turns of the pan and 1 tablespoon butter.
- When butter melts into extra-virgin olive oil, add in 2 cloves garlic and the shallots, sauté for 3 minutes.
- Arrange steaks on the broiler pan.
- Place under broiler - leave door to oven cracked ajar to limit flare ups and smoke.
- Cook 4 minutes on each side for medium rare, up to 5 to 6 minutes on each side for medium well doneness.
- To the garlic and shallots, add in flour and cook a minute more.
- Whisk in stock, bring to a bubble, about 30 seconds then stir in the cream.
- When cream comes to a bubble, add in blue cheese and sage and a few grinds of black pepper.
- Stir until cheese melts.
- Reduce heat to lowest setting.
- Soften 4 tablespoons butter in microwave on high for 15 seconds.
- Mix in chives and 2 cloves minced garlic and reserve.
- Remove steaks from oven and let rest 5 minutes.
- Place 1/4 of the chive and garlic butter mixture on each steak to melt down over the meat as they rest.
- Drain pasta and toss with sauce to coat and combine evenly.
- Taste to adjust seasoning.
- Serve steaks with pasta alongside.
- Scatter the arugula and bacon bits across the top of the pasta.