From Food Network episode--Bachelor Busters--recipe courtesy of Rachael Ray.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 slices bacon, chopped into 1-inch pieces
- 1 lb spaghetti
- 4 (8 ounce) New York strip steaks
- ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, 2 turns of the pan
- 5 tablespoons butter, divided
- 4 garlic cloves, minced, divided
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1/4-1/3 cup cream or 1/4-1/3 cup half-and-half, eyeball it
- 8 ounces blue cheese, crumbles
- 2 -3 tablespoons chopped sage leaves
- 2 tablespoons chives, chopped, a palm full
- 2 cups arugula, a small bunch, cleaned, trimmed and shredded
- 1Put a large pot of water on the stove to bring to a boil for pasta.
- 2Preheat broiler to high with rack on top shelf.
- 3Preheat medium skillet over medium-high heat.
- 4Add chopped bacon and cook until crisp.
- 5Salt water for pasta and add spaghetti to the pot.
- 6Cook to al dente, with a bite to it.
- 7Season the steaks with salt and pepper on both sides and arrange on slotted broiler pan.
- 8Remove bacon to paper towel lined plate with a slotted spoon and drain off most of the fat, return pan to heat and reduce heat to medium.
- 9Add extra-virgin olive oil, 2 turns of the pan and 1 tablespoon butter.
- 10When butter melts into extra-virgin olive oil, add in 2 cloves garlic and the shallots, sauté for 3 minutes.
- 11Arrange steaks on the broiler pan.
- 12Place under broiler - leave door to oven cracked ajar to limit flare ups and smoke.
- 13Cook 4 minutes on each side for medium rare, up to 5 to 6 minutes on each side for medium well doneness.
- 14To the garlic and shallots, add in flour and cook a minute more.
- 15Whisk in stock, bring to a bubble, about 30 seconds then stir in the cream.
- 16When cream comes to a bubble, add in blue cheese and sage and a few grinds of black pepper.
- 17Stir until cheese melts.
- 18Reduce heat to lowest setting.
- 19Soften 4 tablespoons butter in microwave on high for 15 seconds.
- 20Mix in chives and 2 cloves minced garlic and reserve.
- 21Remove steaks from oven and let rest 5 minutes.
- 22Place 1/4 of the chive and garlic butter mixture on each steak to melt down over the meat as they rest.
- 23Drain pasta and toss with sauce to coat and combine evenly.
- 24Taste to adjust seasoning.
- 25Serve steaks with pasta alongside.
- 26Scatter the arugula and bacon bits across the top of the pasta.
Browse Our Top < 30 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Steak With a Side Blue Cheese Pasta Sauce by Rachael Ray
Serving Size: 1 (533 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1457.6
- Calories from Fat 750
- Total Fat 83.4 g
- Saturated Fat 39.4 g
- Cholesterol 288.2 mg
- Sodium 1206.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 95.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 4.5 g
- Protein 77.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: