A delicious flank steak with a special filling. Have made it many times and have always gotten rave reviews. See what you think.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F; heat a skillet over medium-high heat.
- 2Add the oil and shallots and cook until soften, add the garlic and thyme. Continue cooking until the shallots are lightly browned.
- 3Transfer to a medium-size bowl and let cool slightly.
- 4Mix in the croutons, cheese and bread crumbs.
- 5Pound the steak to a even thickness. A larger surface area is perfect so as to hold the stuffing.
- 6Put the steak on a work surface and mound the blue cheese stuffing lengthwise down the center.
- 7Roll the steak and tie off with string securely in several places. Salt and pepper the meat.
- 8Heat an over-proof skillet with a thin layer of oil and sear the steak on all sides.
- 9Put the skillet in the oven for ten minutes. Turn steak over and leave in for another ten minutes.
- 10Take steak out and cover with loose foil for 5-10 minutes and then begin carving. Enjoy.
Browse Our Top Steak Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Steak Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rolled Flank Steak With Blue Cheese Stuffing
Serving Size: 1 (172 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 355.6
- Calories from Fat 168
- Total Fat 18.7 g
- Saturated Fat 8.4 g
- Cholesterol 62.4 mg
- Sodium 463.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 30.9 g