Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A delicious flank steak with a special filling. Have made it many times and have always gotten rave reviews. See what you think.
- Preheat oven to 350°F; heat a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the oil and shallots and cook until soften, add the garlic and thyme. Continue cooking until the shallots are lightly browned.
- Transfer to a medium-size bowl and let cool slightly.
- Mix in the croutons, cheese and bread crumbs.
- Pound the steak to a even thickness. A larger surface area is perfect so as to hold the stuffing.
- Put the steak on a work surface and mound the blue cheese stuffing lengthwise down the center.
- Roll the steak and tie off with string securely in several places. Salt and pepper the meat.
- Heat an over-proof skillet with a thin layer of oil and sear the steak on all sides.
- Put the skillet in the oven for ten minutes. Turn steak over and leave in for another ten minutes.
- Take steak out and cover with loose foil for 5-10 minutes and then begin carving. Enjoy.
Very good flavor, but way too much filling for the beef.