Prep 5 mins
Cook 35 mins
This recipe works well as an appetizer or as a sandwich on a toasted bun. Recipe is from All Recipes. Updated 3-1-08 as a result of 2Bleu's review.
- Preheat oven or toaster oven to 425 degrees F.
- Place mushroom caps, gill side up, on baking sheet.
- Drizzle with soy sauce and add a few grinds of black pepper to each cap.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven, and sprinkle 1 1/2 tablespoon blue cheese onto each cap.
- Return to oven and bake an additional 10 minutes, or until cheese is fully melted.
This was my first time preparing mushrooms this way...so they weren't perfect...which I attribute to inexperience. They were really delicious. I used Italian style bread crumbs. They were just a little watery, but next time I'll follow the advice of another and pat them dry a little bit before adding the blue cheese. I think it's a good idea to brush them with the soy sauce instead of drizzling as well. I'll definitely make them again.
I omitted the olive oil to decrease the fat and used garlic versus the herb seasoning mix. Used low sodium soy otherwise I think regular soy and a salty cheese such as blue cheese would result in too much salt. I loved this recipe! Will make again...I think feta would also taste great too.
We love mushrooms and this one is now a big favorite in our house. I followed the directions exactly and the flavor was just right.