1/4 Photos of Rib-Eye Steaks W/ Mushrooms, Brandy and Blue Cheese
1 hr 30 mins
Taken from Bon Appetit magazine. This recipe was included in a lesson on how to best pan-fry steak. Definitely not for those watching their weight, however maybe it can be saved for a special occasion or "cheat night". :) Please note, cooking time includes one hour of "standing time".
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place steaks in shallow dish, drizzle with olive oil and rub the oil all over the steaks.
- 2Sprinkle steaks with salt and pepper and let stand at room temperature for one hour.
- 3Melt butter in heavy medium skillet over medium-high heat.
- 4Add onion and saute until beginning to soften, about 3 minutes.
- 5Add mushrooms and garlic; saute until mushrooms are just tender, about 4 minutes.
- 6Heat heavy large skillet over medium-high heat.
- 7Add steaks to skillet; fry until cooked to desired doneness (about 5 minutes per side for medium-rare).
- 8Transfer steaks to plates; tent loosely with tin foil to keep warm.
- 9Add broth, then brandy and rosemary to same large skillet; bring to boil, scraping up browned bits.
- 10Add mushroom mixture; boil until liquid is thick enough to coat spoon lightly, about 5 minutes.
- 11Add 1 cup blue cheese; stir just until cheese melts, about 1 minute.
- 12Season sauce to taste with salt and pepper.
- 13Spoon sauce over steaks; sprinkle with remaining blue cheese.
- 14Garnish with rosemary sprigs if desired.
Browse Our Top Steak Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Steak Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rib-Eye Steaks W/ Mushrooms, Brandy and Blue Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (670 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1423.0
- Calories from Fat 1004
- Total Fat 111.5 g
- Saturated Fat 53.2 g
- Cholesterol 302.1 mg
- Sodium 1561.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 3.8 g
- Protein 72.8 g