1/2 Photos of Red White and Blue Salad
Borage make this a beautiful salad adding the Blue. Dill complements the cucumbers and the borage as they have a slight cucumber flavor.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup yogurt
- 1/4 teaspoon course black pepper
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh dill
- 1/8 teaspoon fresh grated lemon peel
- 1/4 teaspoon finely grated vidalia onion
- 2 cucumbers, peeled, seeded and diced
- 3 fresh tomatoes
- 10 borage, fresh edible flowers
- 1Combine all the ingredients except for the tomatoes and flowers. Chill well.
- 2Slice tomatoes and arrange them, overlapping, around the edge of a chilled serving platter.
- 3Mound the chilled cucumber mixture in the center of the platter, just covering the inner edge of the tomatoes.
- 4Place the borage flowers decoratively on the salad just before serving.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Red White and Blue Salad
Serving Size: 1 (193 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 47.8
- Calories from Fat 11
- Total Fat 1.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 3.9 mg
- Sodium 19.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 5.4 g
- Protein 2.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
rice wine vinegar