Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Cannellini beans, pimentos and garlic mingle with dried blueberries in the July 4th-inspired treat. A subtle mix of salty and sweet offer a variety of textures in this hearty appetizer. Use organic ingredients and make a tasty, easy treat for your guests!
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Drain and rinse beans.
- Chop pimiento, save liquid.
- Mince garlic.
- Mix beans, pimientos, oil from pimiento jar, 1 tbsp olive oil and garlic in sauce pan.
- Heat bean mixture on low.
- Add dash of salt.
- Place bread slices onto cookie sheet and toast in oven at 375°F for 3-5 minutes.
- Add dried blueberries to bean mixture and stir.
- Arrange toast on a platter and spoon bean mixture onto each slice.
- Drizzle remaining olive oil over toast and beans while on platter.
- Sprinkle crushed red pepper flakes on top.
Made this Red, white and Blue Bruschetta for the 4th of July BBQ and EVERYONE raved about it and there was not a crumb remaining!! Will definitely make again!!
This was so good! I loved the salty, sweet, spicy combination. And it was so quick and easy! I can't wait till the 4th of July!