These wings are absolutely delicious! They have just the right amount of spiciness along with the balance of flavor from the blue cheese. This recipe is definitely a winner. Great for parties, Friday or Saturday night dinners or any occasion. Note: You can substitute for any hot sauce that you like, I love to use Franks red hot sauce. Also, cooking time is not exact, it depends on how your frying and how many wings you do at a time.
- Combine flour, cajun seasoning, cayenne pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, and cumin in a bowl and mix well.
- Roll each chicken wing in the flour mixture until well coated.
- Fry the wings in the oil (about 10-12 at a time) for about 13 minutes, or until crispy on the outside and juicy on the inside.
- Melt the butter in microwave or on stove top.
- In a large bowl or foil pan combine the hot sauce and melted butter and mix well. Then add in the blue cheese and combine until the mixture is an even color and is like a creamy orange color.
- When all wings are done, toss in the sauce.
- Serve hot with blue cheese and celery for garnish.