1/1 Photo of Pecan and Mushroom Burger With Blue Cheese Sauce
Such a tasty veggie burger. These take a little work, however they are a great make ahead meal. The website states that you can wrap the uncooked patties individually and refrigerate for up to 2 days or freeze for up to 3 months (thawing in the refrigerator before cooking). One of the reviewers on the other site said that you can leave out the egg for a tasty vegan burger without any issues. From the Eating Well website. NOTE: After making these, I have changed up the recipe to perfection :) If you like parsley, you may want to add a little fresh parsley in these as well.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
Blue Cheese Sauce
- 1/3 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 3 tablespoons crumbled blue cheese (1 ounce)
- 1 tablespoon prepared blue cheese dressing (plus more for garnish)
- 1 tablespoon chives
- 2/3 cup bulgur
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 cup boiling water
- 8 ounces white mushrooms, stems trimmed, wiped clean and chopped (may sub brown mushrooms)
- 1 cup mixed chopped wild mushroom (optional)
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup pecan pieces
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup fine dry breadcrumb (Italian flavored work great)
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning (may sub 1/2 T Greek seasoning)
- fresh ground pepper
- 1Combine yogurt, blue cheese, chives (if using) and dressing in a small bowl and blend with a fork to make a chunky sauce. Refrigerate it while you make the burgers; it will keep for up to 2 days.
- 2Place bulgur and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a small bowl. Pour the boiling water over, cover and set aside until the water is absorbed, about 20 minutes. Drain in a sieve, pressing out excess liquid.
- 3Meanwhile, spray a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray and turn on stove to medium heat. Add mushrooms, onion and remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt; cook, stirring, until the vegetables are softened, 8 to 10 minutes. Stir in vinegar and garlic. Immediately transfer the mixture to a plate and let cool to room temperature, about 30 minutes.
- 4Combine the vegetable mixture in a food processor; pulse briefly until coarsely chopped. Add egg; pulse briefly, scraping down the sides if necessary, until the mixture is cohesive but roughly textured. Transfer to a bowl; stir in bulgur, breadcrumbs, pecans Italian seasoning and pepper. Mix well.
- 5With dampened hands, form the mixture into eight 1/2-inch-thick patties, using about 1/2 cup for each. (I made mine into 13 mini burgers using a slider station).
- 6Place burgers on a cookie sheet (coated with cooking spray) and place under a broiler on high. Mine took 8 minutes to crisp ever so slightly and to become heated through. You can also cook them in a frying pan for 4 minutes per side (mine fell apart doing this though, that's why I put the rest of them under the broiler).
- 7Garnish the burgers with watercress and the blue cheese sauce, if desired.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pecan and Mushroom Burger With Blue Cheese Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (136 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 164.4
- Calories from Fat 72
- Total Fat 8.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 29.3 mg
- Sodium 353.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 6.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: