Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
I have had this before at O'Charley's and find it to be very, very good. A warning though: When cooking the beef for this salad, remember that restaurants have huge exhaust fans, capable of pulling all fumes, and possibly small chefs, out of the kitchen. You should compensate by starting both the stove-hood exhaust and perhaps opening windows before heating the skillet. Or you may want to cook the steak outside ;)
- 1 ounce shredded parmesan cheese, divided (about 1/4 cup)
- 1 1⁄4 cups large croutons, divided
- 3 1⁄2 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 1⁄4 cup caesar salad dressing
- 3 slices roma tomatoes
- 1 (6 ounce) sirloin steaks
- 2 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 1 -2 tablespoon cajun seasoning
- 1⁄4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1⁄4 cup cooked diced bacon, heated
- In a large bowl, sprinkle about half the Parmesan and half the croutons over romaine; add dressing and toss well.
- Place in a chilled pasta bowl or large soup plate; sprinkle with remaining Parmesan, creating a "snowcap" effect.
- Add tomato slices on one side; refrigerate.
- In a very well-ventilated area or outdoors, heat a cast-iron skillet over high heat.
- Brush one side of sirloin with melted margarine; sprinkle to taste with Cajun seasoning.
- Place seasoned-side down in skillet. (Caution: There might be a slight flame when meat is placed in skillet.)
- While first side is cooking, brush second side with melted margarine and sprinkle with additional seasoning.
- Cook about 2 minutes; turn and cook 2 to 3 minutes more, or to desired degree of doneness.
- Cut into 1/2-inch slices.
- Fan sliced steak over salad; top with blue cheese, bacon and remaining croutons.
Being a cook at an O'Charley's restaurant... I can tell you that there are a few things off although you are missing no major ingredients. 2oz. Parm Chz, 2oz. Crouton, 4.5 oz Romaine Lettuce, 4 oz. Caeser, 5oz. Sirloin Steak, We grill the steak not sautee it, and we definitely do not ruin it with any Cajun Seasoning, 3 oz. Blue Cheese Crumbles, 2oz. Crumbled Bacon. Great job though. Oh.. and this recipe is for 1 salad, not 2 servings.