I have had this before at O'Charley's and find it to be very, very good. A warning though: When cooking the beef for this salad, remember that restaurants have huge exhaust fans, capable of pulling all fumes, and possibly small chefs, out of the kitchen. You should compensate by starting both the stove-hood exhaust and perhaps opening windows before heating the skillet. Or you may want to cook the steak outside ;)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 ounce shredded parmesan cheese, divided (about 1/4 cup)
- 1 1/4 cups large croutons, divided
- 3 1/2 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 1/4 cup caesar salad dressing
- 3 slices roma tomatoes
- 1 (6 ounce) sirloin steaks
- 2 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 1 -2 tablespoon cajun seasoning
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/4 cup cooked diced bacon, heated
- 1In a large bowl, sprinkle about half the Parmesan and half the croutons over romaine; add dressing and toss well.
- 2Place in a chilled pasta bowl or large soup plate; sprinkle with remaining Parmesan, creating a "snowcap" effect.
- 3Add tomato slices on one side; refrigerate.
- 4In a very well-ventilated area or outdoors, heat a cast-iron skillet over high heat.
- 5Brush one side of sirloin with melted margarine; sprinkle to taste with Cajun seasoning.
- 6Place seasoned-side down in skillet. (Caution: There might be a slight flame when meat is placed in skillet.)
- 7While first side is cooking, brush second side with melted margarine and sprinkle with additional seasoning.
- 8Cook about 2 minutes; turn and cook 2 to 3 minutes more, or to desired degree of doneness.
- 9Cut into 1/2-inch slices.
- 10Fan sliced steak over salad; top with blue cheese, bacon and remaining croutons.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for O'charley's Black and Blue Caesar Salad Recipe
Serving Size: 1 (458 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 749.9
- Calories from Fat 523
- Total Fat 58.1 g
- Saturated Fat 18.0 g
- Cholesterol 109.0 mg
- Sodium 1100.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 36.9 g