Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
If you are a lover of blue cheese then you will love these burgers! they are at their best when cooked on the grill --- yield is only estimated depending on the size of your burgers you should get 6 good size burgers -- you may add in about 3 tablespoon finely grated raw potato for even more juiciness but no more than 3 tablespoons ---plan ahead the patties must be refrigerated for 24 hours to develop the flavors --- also see my Kittencal's Juicy Hamburger/Burger
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh garlic (or to taste)
- 12 ounces blue cheese, finely crumbled (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1⁄2 cup fresh breadcrumb (or more if needed)
- Mix all the ingredients together.
- Shape into 6 balls (you can make 8 smaller if desired).
- Cover and refrigerate for up to 24 hours to blend the flavors.
- Grill or cook as desired until cooked through.
- Serve with your favorite condiments.
Another winner by KITTENCAL! No wonder there are so many great reviews on these burgers. I prepared these to make on the grill, next time I will cut down the blue cheese a little, as it was a little too over powering for our tastes, just personal preference though. The raw potato really does make the burgers moist, what a wonderful tip! these were enjoyed by my family, Thank you.
Mmmmmmm, blue cheese - glad we both love it. This is one of those recipes that unless you cook it you couldn't quite put your finger on what was in it. We had the burgers on plain toasted rolls with lettuce, tomato, cucumber and bell peppers - it needed nothing else.
Thanks Kittencal - cholesterol and taste buds ten - healthy body four!
Of course I always know where to turn when I think of something yummy to make. Thank you Kittencal once again for coming through. Your Blue Cheese Hamburgers were a delight. I will never grill a plain burger again. AWESOME! I could eat these plain (for all those SouthBeachers out there..)