1 hr 45 mins
1 hr 10 mins
Got this from the Food Network All Stars' Show for Christmas '07, Tyler Florence. This will be for the hubby coming home from a deployment. I haven't had it yet, but it just looked delicious!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (16 ounce) pizza dough, store bought
- extra virgin olive oil
- 3 large onions, sliced
- all-purpose flour, for dusting
- 1 (8 ounce) container mascarpone cheese
- 1 cup blue cheese, crumbled
- salt, Kosher
- black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 cup walnuts, toasted and roughly chopped
- 1 cup red grapes, in halves
- 2 tablespoons flat leaf parsley, freshly chopped
- 1Remove the pizza dough from the refrigerator 1 hour before you ready to start.
- 2In a large saute pan over medium low heat add 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Add onions and slowly caramelize until brown and creamy about 20 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- 3Preheat oven to 500°F
- 4Heat the grill over medium-high heat and wipe down with oiled paper towels to create a non-stick surface. On a floured surface, roll out each of the pizza dough into an elongated shape, about 12 by 8-inches and about a 1/2-inch thick. Brush with olive oil and grill on both sides until warmed through and grill marked, about 4 minutes per side. Transfer to a baking sheet.
- 5In a medium bowl, mix together the mascarpone and blue cheese. Smear the cheese mixture over each of the grill pizza crusts. Place in oven for 2 to 3 minutes until the cheese melts. Remove from oven and transfer to cutting board or platter.
- 6Top with caramelized onions, toasted walnuts and fresh grapes. Season with a few turns of freshly ground black pepper, drizzle with some more extra-virgin olive oil and top with fresh parsley.
Browse Our Top North American Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All North American Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Flat Bread Topped W/ Caramelized Onions and Blue Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (82 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 154.3
- Calories from Fat 104
- Total Fat 11.5 g
- Saturated Fat 3.2 g
- Cholesterol 10.1 mg
- Sodium 190.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 4.7 g
- Protein 5.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: