Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 1 hr 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
Got this from the Food Network All Stars' Show for Christmas '07, Tyler Florence. This will be for the hubby coming home from a deployment. I haven't had it yet, but it just looked delicious!!
- 2 (16 ounce) pizza dough, store bought
- extra virgin olive oil
- 3 large onions, sliced
- all-purpose flour, for dusting
- 1 (8 ounce) container mascarpone cheese
- 1 cup blue cheese, crumbled
- salt, Kosher
- black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 cup walnuts, toasted and roughly chopped
- 1 cup red grapes, in halves
- 2 tablespoons flat leaf parsley, freshly chopped
- Remove the pizza dough from the refrigerator 1 hour before you ready to start.
- In a large saute pan over medium low heat add 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Add onions and slowly caramelize until brown and creamy about 20 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Preheat oven to 500°F
- Heat the grill over medium-high heat and wipe down with oiled paper towels to create a non-stick surface. On a floured surface, roll out each of the pizza dough into an elongated shape, about 12 by 8-inches and about a 1/2-inch thick. Brush with olive oil and grill on both sides until warmed through and grill marked, about 4 minutes per side. Transfer to a baking sheet.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the mascarpone and blue cheese. Smear the cheese mixture over each of the grill pizza crusts. Place in oven for 2 to 3 minutes until the cheese melts. Remove from oven and transfer to cutting board or platter.
- Top with caramelized onions, toasted walnuts and fresh grapes. Season with a few turns of freshly ground black pepper, drizzle with some more extra-virgin olive oil and top with fresh parsley.
This recipe is are-you-kidding-me AMAZING! I actually used a pre-baked 100% whole wheat pizza round. DELICIOUS!