Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
Blue cheese is the American version of French Roquefort cheese.
Make and share this Fremont Ohio Pork Chops With Blue Cheese Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 4 pork chops, 1 -1 1/4 thick
- 2 medium carrots, cut into julienne strips
- 8 ounces rutabagas, cut into julienne strips
- 1 cup diced tomato
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 teaspoons flour
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- Season chops with salt and pepper on each side.Place chops on a broiler rack and broil 3 to 4 inches from heat for 14 minutes, turn and continue to broil for 12-14 minutes or until done.
- Meanwhile cook carrots and rutabaga in a small amount of water or microwave until tender.
- For The Sauce:.
- Sprinkle tomatos with sugar, set aside. In a sauce pan, cook garlic in butter for 1 minute, stir in flour. Add the milk stirring until thickened. Stir in the tomato and parsley. Stir in 1/4 cup blue cheese. Serve sauce over pork chops and sprinkle remaining cheese atop. Serve with carrots and rutabaga. If you want, garnish with fresh sage.