Chez Michelle's Note:
Gourmet July 2009 Hot-wing aficionados will flip for these grilled shrimp, seasoned with bottled hot sauce and melted butter. Crunchy celery and homemade blue cheese dip are deliciously de rigueur accompaniments. Update: I made July 4th and they were a big hit. I will keep shrimp in freezer and Franks Red Hot Sauce on hand for and easy quick appetizer. I will also keep Litehouse blue cheese dressing on hand for the dip. Quick, easy and simple.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For blue cheese dip
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup finely chopped scallion
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese (2 ounces)
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons milk
- 1Make dip: Stir together ingredients, 1/8 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- 2Make shrimp: Prepare grill for direct-heat cooking over medium-hot charcoal (medium heat for gas); see Grilling Procedure . Toss shrimp with oil and 1/2 teaspoon each of salt and pepper. Oil grill rack, then grill shrimp, covered only if using a gas grill, turning once, until just cooked through, 7 to 8 minutes total. Stir together butter and hot sauce in a large bowl. Add shrimp and toss until coated. Serve shrimp with dip and celery.
- 3Cooks' note: Shrimp can be cooked in an oiled hot 2-burner grill pan over medium heat.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Buffalo Grilled Shrimp With Blue Cheese Dip and Celery
Serving Size: 1 (187 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 287.6
- Calories from Fat 189
- Total Fat 21.0 g
- Saturated Fat 10.4 g
- Cholesterol 165.0 mg
- Sodium 817.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 20.6 g