Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 6 mins
The calorie commando version. This is an adopted recipe originally submitted by Mean Chef.
Make and share this Buffalo Chicken and Blue Cheese Dipping Sauce recipe from Food.com.
Blue Cheese Dipping Sauce
- 1⁄4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 2 tablespoons buttermilk
- 1⁄2 cup light sour cream
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 12 chicken tenders (about 12 ounces)
- 1⁄2 cup louisiana hot sauce
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon cajun seasoning
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 stalks celery, cut into 3 inch lengths
- Dipping Sauce: Combine all ingredients in a small bowl, mixing well.
- With the back of the mixing spoon, mash the blue cheese into the sour cream until almost all of the lumps are gone.
- Chill in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour before serving.
- Chicken: Soak the chicken in the hot sauce in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- Put the flour in a pie tin and season with salt and Cajun seasoning.
- Remove chicken from hot sauce, shake off excess, and dredge chicken in the flour.
- Set on a baking rack.
- Heat the butter and oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- When the butter has stopped bubbling, add the chicken tenders and cook until golden and cooked through, about 3 minutes per side.
- Remove from the pan and drain on paper towels.
- Serve warm with blue cheese dipping sauce and celery pieces.
Very tasty. I don't eat any white flour so I used hard whole wheat flour and found that I needed to add more oil. For an added spice, I dash some more hot sauce while the tenders were frying. i did not try the dipping sauce.
Outstanding buffalo chicken, incredibly tasty and crispy! Full 5 stars for the chicken. The sauce was not as good, not enough flavor and texture was rather hard also, so overall stars came down to 4. Will make the chicken again and look for another recipe for the sauce.
Great dipping sauce to cool you down after a bite of the chicken. I strayed a little - used egg whites and panko crumbs to bread the chicken rather than flour - just my preference. Love the hot sauce _marinade_ idea. That really infuses the chicken with flavor. Defintely a keeper of a recipe!