1/6 Photos of Blueberry Streusel Muffins
I found these muffins in a book by the Australian Women's Weekly and made them for my Dad's birthday this year. The original recipe called for blackberries but I used blueberries instead. I'm sure they will be yummy with other berries as well. I also cut back on the sugar and butter used in the original and they still were very rich. Yum! Note: the cup measurements are based on the use of an Australian cup of 250 ml.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 300 g flour (2 cups)
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 250 g fresh blueberries, washed and drained (1 3/4 cups)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 150 g apples, coarsely grated (1 medium)
- 50 g sugar (1/4cup)
- 3 eggs
- 80 ml oil (1/3 cup)
- 80 ml milk (1/3 cup)
- 1In a large bowl combine flour, baking powder, salt and sugar.
- 2In another bowl mix egg, oil and milk.
- 3Add wet ingredients to dry ones and mix only until just combined.
- 4Fold in apple and blueberries.
- 5Fill dough into prepared muffin tins (you may either grease the tins or line them with paper cups). Make sure not to fill them to the top because you will need some space for the streusel.
- 6In a third bowl combine the ingredients for the streusel topping by hand. When your crumbs have reached the desired size (the longer you mix, the smaller the crumbs), sprinkle them over the muffins.
- 7Bake at 180°C/350F in the preheated oven for about 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Blueberry Streusel Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (1229 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 238.6
- Calories from Fat 80
- Total Fat 8.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 50.0 mg
- Sodium 300.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 10.3 g
- Protein 5.0 g