I haven’t tried these yet but they look great. There are no refined sweeteners, only orange juice, and I’m sure they would be good with whole wheat flour too.
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon allspice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil or 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 3⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1 grated orange, zest of
- Combine dry ingredients; toss the blueberries with about 2 tablespoons dry mixture and set aside.
- In separate bowl, blend eggs, oil, orange juice, and orange zest.
- Make well in dry ingredients and add egg mixture; stir gently, and when only partially combined, add blueberries.
- Fold ingredients together just until moistened (do not overmix).
- Divide batter into 12 well-greased muffin tins and bake at 400 degrees for 20-25 minutes, or until lightly golden; cool briefly on wire rack, remove from pan, and serve warm with butter.