Afternoon tea wouldn't be the same for my family without these scones. Enjoy!
Make and share this Blueberry Lemon Scones recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Combine the flour, sugar, salt, baking powder and baking soda in a large bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Cut in the butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Add just enough buttermilk to form a soft dough.
- Stir in lemon peel and blueberries.
- Turn out onto a floured board and roll out to 1/2 inch thick.
- Cut the dough into 1 1/2 inch rounds.
- Place on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Brush the top of each scone with buttermilk and sprinkle with granulated sugar.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until golden brown.