Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
I used to make this every summer when I lived in NJ and we would pick blueberries at "Blueberry Acres".
- 3 (1/3 ounce) envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 1 1⁄2 cups cold water
- 2 pints blueberries, mashed
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon butter or 1 teaspoon margarine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon (to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large saucepan, combine the gelatin and water, and let stand for 1 minute.
- Cook the gelatin/water over low heat about 5 minutes, stirring until dissolved.
- Stir in the blueberries, sugar, lemon juice, butter and cinnamon.
- Bring to a boil, over medium-high heat.
- Boil for 10 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the vanilla.
- Spoon into sterilized jars.
Excellent. Easy and fast. Makes some good stuff.
YUMMY! I'm originally a New Jersey kid, too. This was easy and delicious (even if I had to use Michigan blueberries!!!)
Loved the flavor combination! After consulting with Dee514 we realized that it should be 3 pkgs of gelatin and it worked well. She has since corrected the error, but it hasn't been printed yet. Just add the 3 pkgs instead of 2 and you will have some great jam to spread on your breakfast toast. It's a keeper. Carole in Orlando