Scrumptious little muffins that are perfect for brunches, tea parties or early-morning meetings. The recipe was shared by a teacher at my children's elementary school years ago, and I've never found one easier or better. We much prefer the "mini" size. The yield is an estimate.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- 2Combine self-rising flour and sugar in large mixing bowl; stir well to mix.
- 3Make a 'well' in the center of the flour mixture; set aside.
- 4In a second mixing bowl, combine lightly-beaten eggs, oil, milk and vanilla; stir well.
- 5Pour wet ingredients all at once into the dry ingredients; stir just until dry ingredients are thoroughly moistened. (Overmixing will make the muffins tough.).
- 6Add blueberries; stir for one minute.
- 7Grease muffin tin with cooking spray or butter/margarine; fill each hole of the tin halfway with batter.
- 8Bake until muffins pull away from sides of tin slightly. (If using a mini-muffin tin, cook time should be 18-20 minutes. For a full-sized tin, increase baking time to approximately 25 minutes.).
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Blueberry Gems
Serving Size: 1 (43 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 138.7
- Calories from Fat 47
- Total Fat 5.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 18.3 mg
- Sodium 140.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 13.1 g
- Protein 1.7 g