Prep 10 mins
Cook 18 mins
Scrumptious little muffins that are perfect for brunches, tea parties or early-morning meetings. The recipe was shared by a teacher at my children's elementary school years ago, and I've never found one easier or better. We much prefer the "mini" size. The yield is an estimate.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Combine self-rising flour and sugar in large mixing bowl; stir well to mix.
- Make a 'well' in the center of the flour mixture; set aside.
- In a second mixing bowl, combine lightly-beaten eggs, oil, milk and vanilla; stir well.
- Pour wet ingredients all at once into the dry ingredients; stir just until dry ingredients are thoroughly moistened. (Overmixing will make the muffins tough.).
- Add blueberries; stir for one minute.
- Grease muffin tin with cooking spray or butter/margarine; fill each hole of the tin halfway with batter.
- Bake until muffins pull away from sides of tin slightly. (If using a mini-muffin tin, cook time should be 18-20 minutes. For a full-sized tin, increase baking time to approximately 25 minutes.).