Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
THE BEST flavored blueberry muffins you'll ever eat! You can use fresh or frozen blueberries for this recipe. We live in an area where there are several blueberry farms and fill our freezer. These muffins are a special treat!!
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 (3 ounce) cream cheese, softened
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄4 cups blueberries
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar (packed)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- In a medium mixing bowl, cream butter with cream cheese. Stir in beaten eggs, sugar and vanilla.
- Add flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Stir in blueberries. Lightly mix in milk without beating or overstirring mixture.
- Spoon into greased muffin tins until 3/4 full.
- TOPPING: Mix butter, flour, brown sugar and cinnamon until crumbly. Sprinkle on top of muffins.
- Bake in a 375 degree oven for 25 minutes. Cool and remove from muffin tin.
Heavenly, gorgeous, and wonderful! I used them with fresh blueberries and they turned out fluffy white. I made them a second time with frozen blueberries and they had a purple tint to them. Lovely both ways and delicious! My new go-to blueberry muffin recipe! Thanks!
These were very yummy! I am certain my butter was too soft for the topping though. It never did get crumbly. Instead... it was a paste. I did put some on top of each muffin though. You can't tell from the pictures though. What happened was the topping went inside the muffins. The boys thought that was pretty cool. Thanks for sharing! Made for the May 2010 Aussie/NZ recipe swap.
Won a blueberry cook off against my wife with these delightful muffins! Making them again today, but doubling the batch and rounding off on a few ingredients. Thanks for sharing from everyone I shared the muffins with.:)