1/1 Photo of Blueberry Cassis Preserves
1 hr 30 mins
This also comes from the book "Perfect Preserves" by M. Dalton King. One of my friends made it. It's very good!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Pick over blueberries, removing all stems, leaves and damaged or unfit berries. Wash and place in a preserving pan with the lemon juice (and whole allspice, if using).
- 2Cook over medium heat until berries begin to soften (3--5 minutes). Add sugar and bring to a boil. Cook for 10 minutes, stirring often.
- 3Mix in the cassis and allspice (if using ground). Cook for 5 more minutes, until preserve is thickened and reaches 221°F.
- 4Ladle preserve into hot sterilized jars, leaving 1/2 inch headroom. Wipe rims clean and seal.
- 5Process 5 minutes in a boiling water bath. Cool, check seals, and alabel. Store for up to 1 year in a cool dark place.
Browse Our Top Jams and Preserves Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Jams and Preserves Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Blueberry Cassis Preserves
Serving Size: 1 (1436 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 859.5
- Calories from Fat 4
- Total Fat 0.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 221.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 214.4 g
- Protein 1.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
creme de cassis