Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Picked up from http://recipes.robbiehaf.com/ where there are a lot of good copycat recipes. I make this for parties a lot and it always is a hit.
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 6 ounces lump crabmeat, drained
- 3 green onions, root ends trimmed, dark green ends trimmed, minced
- 3 tablespoons heavy whipping cream or 3 tablespoons evaporated milk
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons red bell peppers or 1 1⁄2 tablespoons green bell peppers, diced
- 2 teaspoons dry white wine
- 2 teaspoons shrimp soup base (see Notes, below) or 2 teaspoons chicken soup base (see Notes, below)
- 2 teaspoons diced tomatoes or 2 teaspoons drained salsa
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crab boil seasoning (Old Bay)
- Fold together all ingredients, except 1 Tbls. Parmesan.
- Spread evenly into an oven-proof baking dish.
- Microwave on 50% power for 4 minutes.
- Sprinkle top with Parmesan.
- Transfer dish to the oven and broil until top is slightly browned.
- Notes: Serve with tri-colored corn tortilla chips. Shrimp base is a thick, paste-like bouillon that can be found in the supermarket next to the bouillon and granules. If you can't find it, use chicken soup base OR 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules.