Picked up from http://recipes.robbiehaf.com/ where there are a lot of good copycat recipes. I make this for parties a lot and it always is a hit.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 6 ounces lump crabmeat, drained
- 3 green onions, root ends trimmed, dark green ends trimmed, minced
- 3 tablespoons heavy whipping cream or 3 tablespoons evaporated milk
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 1/2 tablespoons red bell peppers or 1 1/2 tablespoons green bell peppers, diced
- 2 teaspoons dry white wine
- 2 teaspoons shrimp soup base (see Notes, below) or 2 teaspoons chicken soup base (see Notes, below)
- 2 teaspoons diced tomatoes or 2 teaspoons drained salsa
- 1/2 teaspoon crab boil seasoning (Old Bay)
- 1Fold together all ingredients, except 1 Tbls. Parmesan.
- 2Spread evenly into an oven-proof baking dish.
- 3Microwave on 50% power for 4 minutes.
- 4Sprinkle top with Parmesan.
- 5Transfer dish to the oven and broil until top is slightly browned.
- 6Notes: Serve with tri-colored corn tortilla chips. Shrimp base is a thick, paste-like bouillon that can be found in the supermarket next to the bouillon and granules. If you can't find it, use chicken soup base OR 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules.
Browse Our Top Crab Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Blue Crab Dip -- Like Joe's Crab Shack (Copycat)
Serving Size: 1 (131 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 306.8
- Calories from Fat 230
- Total Fat 25.5 g
- Saturated Fat 15.7 g
- Cholesterol 113.3 mg
- Sodium 397.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 15.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
shrimp soup base
crab boil seasoning