1/1 Photo of Blue Cheese-Pecan-Avocado Salad With Honey Mustard Vinaigrette
This is one of my favorite salads to throw together. The dressing can be used on almost any salad. I never measure when I'm making salad dressings, so the amounts are approximate.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (6 ounce) bag butter lettuce (I like the kind with radicchio in it for color)
- 1/2 cup pecans, toasted (sometimes I use spicy candied pecans that I get from Trader Joe's)
- 1/2 cup blue cheese, crumbled
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 small garlic clove, minced (optional)
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey (scant)
- black pepper
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1Dressing: Whisk together garlic, mustard, honey, and pepper.
- 2Whisk in vinegar and then oil.
- 3Taste and add more mustard, honey, or other ingredients if necessary to your liking. Set aside.
- 4In a salad bowl, combine lettuce, pecans, blue cheese, and avocado.
- 5Add dressing and toss to combine.
Browse Our Top Salad Dressings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Salad Dressings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Blue Cheese-Pecan-Avocado Salad With Honey Mustard Vinaigrette
Serving Size: 1 (148 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 319.2
- Calories from Fat 261
- Total Fat 29.0 g
- Saturated Fat 6.0 g
- Cholesterol 12.6 mg
- Sodium 284.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.2 g
- Sugars 5.7 g
- Protein 6.6 g