1/2 Photos of Blue Cheese Coleslaw Salad
24 hrs 45 mins
You won't be sorry if you try this great coleslaw variation from FoodNation w/Bobby Flay courtesy of the Pillars Restaurant. I usually give new recipes a "trial run", but served this the 1st time at a dinner party because I wanted something that would be better made a day ahead. The original recipe served 30, but I amended it slightly & reduced the quantities to be more family & small dinner party friendly. I added the blue cheese just before serving & everyone loved it!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon buttermilk
- 1/2 tablespoon celery seed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups red cabbage (thinly sliced)
- 1 green bell pepper (thinly sliced)
- 1 large carrot (grated)
- 1/2 cup onion (thinly sliced)
- 1 cup blue cheese (crumbed, may use the other British variety of Stilton)
To top prior to serving
- 1Combine the 1st 8 ingredients at one time & mix well.
- 2Prepare ea veggie ingredient & add, mixing well after ea new addition to ensure even distribution.
- 3Refrigerate overnight & add blue cheese, mixing well just before serving.
- 4Note: For a more asthetic presentation, I topped it off w/the crumbled bacon & diced sun-dried tomato.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Blue Cheese Coleslaw Salad
Serving Size: 1 (90 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 201.2
- Calories from Fat 114
- Total Fat 12.6 g
- Saturated Fat 4.2 g
- Cholesterol 18.4 mg
- Sodium 792.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 11.0 g
- Protein 5.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: