You won't be sorry if you try this great coleslaw variation from FoodNation w/Bobby Flay courtesy of the Pillars Restaurant. I usually give new recipes a "trial run", but served this the 1st time at a dinner party because I wanted something that would be better made a day ahead. The original recipe served 30, but I amended it slightly & reduced the quantities to be more family & small dinner party friendly. I added the blue cheese just before serving & everyone loved it!
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon buttermilk
- 1⁄2 tablespoon celery seed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups red cabbage (thinly sliced)
- 1 green bell pepper (thinly sliced)
- 1 large carrot (grated)
- 1⁄2 cup onion (thinly sliced)
- 1 cup blue cheese (crumbed, may use the other British variety of Stilton)
To top prior to serving
- 1⁄4 cup bacon (fried crisp & crumbled) (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup sun-dried tomato (roughly diced) (optional)
- Combine the 1st 8 ingredients at one time & mix well.
- Prepare ea veggie ingredient & add, mixing well after ea new addition to ensure even distribution.
- Refrigerate overnight & add blue cheese, mixing well just before serving.
- Note: For a more asthetic presentation, I topped it off w/the crumbled bacon & diced sun-dried tomato.