1/2 Photos of Barbecued Sweet and Sour Blue - Eye Cod
The Flying Chef's Note:
This is another low carb recipe it is a lot higher in the carbs than some of the recipes I have been posting lately but it is then again a lot lower in fat content too. I usually make this with blue eye cod but any kind of cod would be fine, Blue eyed cod is also known as deepsea trevalla, blue eye trevalla and blue eye. I love the taste of this fish to me it makes for very good eating. This recipe works out to be about 25.7g Carbohydrates, 45.3g protein and 4.8g total fat of which 1.4g is saturated fat.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 blue-eye cod fish fillets
- 330 g pineapple, chopped into chunks
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 red capsicum, sliced thinly
- 1 red onion, sliced thinly
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 red chilies, sliced thinly (add as many seeds to suit your taste.)
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sherry wine
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon instant chicken bouillon granules
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 150 g cauliflower florets
- 100 g shredded cabbage
- 60 g shredded carrots
- 80 g snow peas, trimmed
- 200 g bean sprouts
- 3 green onions, sliced thinly
- 1Note: This is can be done on the BBQ, Grilled or on a grill plate.
- 2Heat peanut oil in a pan, add capsicum, onion, garlic, chillies and ginger, stir fry until capsicum softens.
- 3Add soy sauce, sherry, water, stock, vinegar and sugar, stir to combine, add florets, cook 2-3 Min's.
- 4Add shredded cabbage, carrot, snow peas and bean sprouts, cook until vegetables are just tender.
- 5Meanwhile cook fish on a heated oiled grill plate or BBQ or grill until cooked and fish flakes easily.
- 6BBQ or grill pineapple chunks until tender, add to vegetables.
- 7To Serve. Spoon vegetables equally among 4 bowls and top with fish, sprinkle with green onions.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Barbecued Sweet and Sour Blue - Eye Cod
Serving Size: 1 (683 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 427.3
- Calories from Fat 50
- Total Fat 5.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 99.4 mg
- Sodium 1315.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.3 g
- Sugars 27.3 g
- Protein 48.2 g