1/1 Photo of Bacon Lettuce Tomato (And More) Salad With Blue Cheese Dressing
Literary Mom's Note:
Second place winner in the 2009 Craze-E Contest. Part BLT, part cobb salad, this meal in a bowl combines the best of both. I almost called it Blobb Salad or CobBLT, but neither sounded very appetizing--LOL!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 head romaine lettuce, chopped
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and cut into bite-size pieces
- 6 mushrooms, sliced
- 1 medium avocado, sliced
- 1 cup fresh large tomato, cut into bite-size pieces
- 4 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, cubed
- 3 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 1 tablespoon red onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons toasted nuts (optional, I used walnuts)
- 1Mix yogurt, mayonnaise, dill, salt, pepper, and garlic powder in a bowl. Crumble in blue cheese and mash with a fork, stirring until thick and creamy, but still chunky.
- 2Place lettuce in a large bowl and add bacon, mushrooms, cheddar cheese, red onion, and nuts (if using). Toss briefly just to combine ingredients.
- 3Add tomatoes and avocado. Gently and briefly toss.
- 4Scoop salad into individual serving bowls. Top each with eggs and then salad dressing.
Browse Our Top Fruit Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Fruit Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bacon Lettuce Tomato (And More) Salad With Blue Cheese Dressing
Serving Size: 1 (271 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 596.5
- Calories from Fat 437
- Total Fat 48.5 g
- Saturated Fat 19.4 g
- Cholesterol 235.6 mg
- Sodium 1125.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.9 g
- Sugars 5.6 g
- Protein 27.1 g