Second place winner in the 2009 Craze-E Contest. Part BLT, part cobb salad, this meal in a bowl combines the best of both. I almost called it Blobb Salad or CobBLT, but neither sounded very appetizing--LOL!
- 1 head romaine lettuce, chopped
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and cut into bite-size pieces
- 6 mushrooms, sliced
- 1 medium avocado, sliced
- 1 cup fresh large tomato, cut into bite-size pieces
- 4 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, cubed
- 3 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 1 tablespoon red onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons toasted nuts (optional, I used walnuts)
- 4 ounces blue cheese
- 3 tablespoons plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon fresh dill (or 1/2 t dried dill)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- Mix yogurt, mayonnaise, dill, salt, pepper, and garlic powder in a bowl. Crumble in blue cheese and mash with a fork, stirring until thick and creamy, but still chunky.
- Place lettuce in a large bowl and add bacon, mushrooms, cheddar cheese, red onion, and nuts (if using). Toss briefly just to combine ingredients.
- Add tomatoes and avocado. Gently and briefly toss.
- Scoop salad into individual serving bowls. Top each with eggs and then salad dressing.