Prep 40 mins
Cook 35 mins
This vegetarian dish comes from the Dutch Allerhande magazine. The combination of asparagus with blue cheese is bound to do wonderful things on your tongue when you take a bite..
- Peel the asparagus from underneath the head towards the base and cut off the dry ends.
- Bring a large pan of water, with a little salt, to boil.
- Place the asparagus in the boilig water and cook for approximately 5 minutes.
- Mix the cream, cheese, the eggs and the salt and pepper to taste in a bowl.
- Preheat the oven to 200 *C.
- Spray an oven dish with cooking spray.
- Place phyllo pastry (one layer) in the oven dish.
- baste the pastry with olive oil and put on the next layer of pastry.
- Repeat until all 5 sheets have been used.
- Place asparagus spears in the dish alternating the direction of the heads from one side to the other.
- Pour the cheese mixture over the asparagus.
- Bake in the middle of the oven for 35 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve with a fresh tomatoe salad.