1 hr 15 mins
This vegetarian dish comes from the Dutch Allerhande magazine. The combination of asparagus with blue cheese is bound to do wonderful things on your tongue when you take a bite..
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Peel the asparagus from underneath the head towards the base and cut off the dry ends.
- 2Bring a large pan of water, with a little salt, to boil.
- 3Place the asparagus in the boilig water and cook for approximately 5 minutes.
- 4Mix the cream, cheese, the eggs and the salt and pepper to taste in a bowl.
- 5Preheat the oven to 200 *C.
- 6Spray an oven dish with cooking spray.
- 7Place phyllo pastry (one layer) in the oven dish.
- 8baste the pastry with olive oil and put on the next layer of pastry.
- 9Repeat until all 5 sheets have been used.
- 10Place asparagus spears in the dish alternating the direction of the heads from one side to the other.
- 11Pour the cheese mixture over the asparagus.
- 12Bake in the middle of the oven for 35 minutes or until golden brown.
- 13Serve with a fresh tomatoe salad.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Asparagus and Blue Cheese Pie
Serving Size: 1 (380 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 353.4
- Calories from Fat 190
- Total Fat 21.1 g
- Saturated Fat 9.8 g
- Cholesterol 194.1 mg
- Sodium 563.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.8 g
- Sugars 4.0 g
- Protein 18.7 g